Saturday, December 2, 2017

Things I Left Unsaid

This post is a response to a couple of people in my life that have referred to me as a "stalker" or told me that I hold on too long to an already dying friendship:
I have let these comments about me circle and simmer in my brain for a long time, giving them merit and believing that there was something truly wrong with my behavior -Not anymore.
If you want to call me a "stalker" for being there for you even though you're still holding onto anger and resentment against me, then so be it.  I will not change into the alternative; an uncaring, apathetic, or even resentful person who gives in and gives up on a friendship that I value, and another person whom I love and want to show that unconditionally.
  It might be something that you're not used to. It might make you uncomfortable because there's no one who has ever done that for you in your life.  I am that person who will chase after you when you decide to hide away from everybody. I am that person who will stand nearby so you know that you're not alone. I will be there when you need someone, not just me, but anyone at all who will listen.  I will not run away just because you lash out in anger. I will stand where you tell me I can. 
I am not a mind-reader. If you want distance, then all you have to do is say so.
  I will not allow myself to believe that loving unconditionally and holding on is wrong.  I understand that it is strange or is not something that you're used to. I understand that you are hurting and need time to sort it out.   When you need me, I will be here still waiting, and with open arms, knowing that it makes me weird, "creepy", and different.  I don't care if it does. Because I treat others the way I want to be treated, and I don't know any other way to love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it Real. But keep it Respectful.