Saturday, February 6, 2010

No Juice yet but it's coming...here's some general info about me:

OK so I'm a little later posting then what I originally stated. I decided to take some time and act goofy with my kids last night. I figured the Internet would still be there in the morning but time with my children at this fun age (my son will be 5 in a month and my daughter is 3) will be gone in a blink.

I guess I should tell you about myself... (almost sounds like I am writing a personal Ad.)
Well, I just told you about my children but also I have been married for close to 8 yrs. I am quickly approaching my 30th birthday. My husband and I met in college but we did not finish our education. He works full-time while I stay at home and take are of the kiddos. Seems very traditional doesn't it? That will seem ironic once you get to know me a little more. I do not plan on continuing as a "stay-at-home-mom" forever though. Plans to go back and finish my degree are in the making. Not that there is anything wrong with having a lifestyle as a homemaker or house wife, but I prefer to have a responsibility outside the walls of my house.
My interests are in music (singing, songwriting, listening, recording, guitar, and I would love to someday learn piano), sports (soccer mainly- but I'm not a spectator, I'm a playa lol), exploring/traveling (who doesn't like to travel? I enjoy finding "forgotten" places though - like caves that are not over-run with tourists and someone to charge admission.), and probably one of biggest interests of all is people. I can actually sit contently and stay occupied for hours just sitting in a crowded mall or grocery store "people-watching". Sounda a bit like a stalker or serial killer doesn't it? But no, I just like to observe from a distance the lives of other people (their actions and reactions, what they are wearing can say alot about who they are, sometimes what they are NOT wearing can say a little, the way they act around strangers, what kind of shops they go to, and what they buy). I just like to try and get into their mind to figure what they might be thinking and why it is they do what they do. Understanding still that I don't SEE everything. There are many pieces missing from the puzzle as I piece it together within the short time that I observe. My major, by-the-way, was not in psychology but in elem. education. And I want everyone to know that I am NOT using this blog as a school project or for anything else unless I later ask you and receive your specific permission. I might joke a little bit on here but I take everything that is recorded here as serious and confidential (as in limited to the viewers of this page). Also... I'm a Christian. I know that is like dropping a bomb shell to some of you. And I don't blame you for being turned-off by it. But I set this blog up not to say, "Hey look at me and my life and see how great yours CAN be!" It's all about the stories and the community with connection that we can build from it. I did not think it would be sincere if I chose to keep that fact about myself a secret though, just because I was afraid of what others might think about it. This is me.

And now to tell you about one struggle of my life....

(to be continued....new post deadline is 2/6/2010 by 12AM)

1 comment:

Keep it Real. But keep it Respectful.